PTP • PARTE© Parents Taking Part • Padres Tomando Parte
PTP • PARTE© was designed to promote collaboration with parents and teachers so that emergent readers could develop literacy skills. Participating parents learn to support their child in the development of oral language and early literacy skills in English and Spanish.
The activities include:
- identifying the 111 letters of the English and Spanish alphabets with automaticity,
- learning the high-frequency words in English (220) and Spanish (335) with ease,
- increasing proficiency in producing the sounds, and patterns of English and Spanish by learning songs and language models.
Program components include:
- implementation guide*
- scripted 12 weeks* calendar of home activities
- dual language guide for parents and teachers
- CD with 30+ songs and language models in English and Spanish
- Children’s Songbook (English and Spanish)
- Dolch Word cards (English and Spanish)This program is recommended for teachers and parents of Dual Language Programs in grades PreK -2nd. Parent training required.
* Implementation Guides and Activity Calendars are included only with purchases at campus or district-wide levels.